The South Stands

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you wish to register please email me at sobronco(the number thirty)-at-hotmail.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 114

Author Topic: Peyton Manning to the Broncos: UPDATE 3/19/12 - Peyton Manning a Donk  (Read 86438 times)

nflbronco

• South Stander Level 3
Re: Peyton Manning to the Broncos: UPDATE 3/19/12 - Peyton Manning a Donk
« Reply #2075 on: November 21, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »

Even though Manning looked spent down the stretch last season, he still had 4,727 passing yards and 39 TDs and Denver won 12 games and the division.

It's kind of hard to rationalize getting rid of a QB that had those numbers and wins....especially a beloved all-time great QB.

Elway was stuck and kind of had to bring him back....if he didn't and Osweiler lead the team to a 7-9 record, he'd have egg on his face.

Good Point  but, it would at least give you a season to evaluate IF Brock is QBOTF or not. The way it is now we could still be 7-9 unless D dominates and wins games for us. I think Brock will do fine but, time will tell if or how many games he will win for us.
Broncos Football 2018 Can VJ and Woods vastly improve that's da question.

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2076 on: November 21, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »

Even though Manning looked spent down the stretch last season, he still had 4,727 passing yards and 39 TDs and Denver won 12 games and the division.

It's kind of hard to rationalize getting rid of a QB that had those numbers and wins....especially a beloved all-time great QB.

Elway was stuck and kind of had to bring him back....if he didn't and Osweiler lead the team to a 7-9 record, he'd have egg on his face.
You had to bring him back if he wanted to come back.  He was kind of injured with his quad so you tend to think that heals and he returns to form, but it's like he aged 10 years in 4 months.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • Master of Decadent Message Boarding
« Reply #2077 on: November 21, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »

You had to bring him back if he wanted to come back.  He was kind of injured with his quad so you tend to think that heals and he returns to form, but it's like he aged 10 years in 4 months.

I agree....some athletes gradually decline as they get older and some hit the wall at 65 mph.

I'm shocked that Peyton Manning was able to come back and play at a high level for almost 4 seasons, including an incredible 2013 record breaking season.

Think about it, the man has no feeling in his finger tips. When I heard that, I grabbed my football and realized how much my feel of the football helped in handling and throwing it. All those neck surgeries and setbacks, no feeling in his finger tips, and some MPH of his already pedestrian fastball....and he was able to come back and play at a high level again.

Coming back like that is probably his greatest achievement on a football field...I hope people remember the adversity he overcame to make it back to lead Denver to Super Bowl while breaking a lot of records, and a 45-12 record.

If Brock Osweiler plays well, I don't think Peyton Manning will play again this season. I know Manning will stay away if that happens, as he's a competitor and this isn't something he's used to. That said, he should be smart enough to know that his level of play has been poor this season....the last game against Kansas City was about as bad a performance as I've seen from a QB....5 short completed passes and 4 trINTs. I felt bad seeing Manning on the sideline when he got yanked, as he knows he played awful and he knows deep down how poor he's been playing.

If Brock plays so-so for a few games and Manning gets healthy, I'd welcome him back in the lineup, but it would be hard to yank Brock out of the lineup if he plays well in the next few games and Denver gets some wins.

I loved the Peyton Manning Era in Denver, as there were a lot wins, great games, and records broken....but I always said his tenure in Denver would be judged by Super Bowls and they didn't quite get the job done. I actually think their best chance was in 2012 when they lost to the Ravens. They could have run the table that season.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:24:23 PM by South Stands Junkie »
"Yes sir, I'd be famous, I'd be that monkey."

KCbroncoHATER

• Rubber Fister
« Reply #2078 on: November 21, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »

You had a good run with him.

He had only two bad games.

The SB and the game against the chefs last weekend.

BIG FAIL!

out.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2079 on: November 21, 2015, 01:54:22 PM »

You had a good run with him.

He had only two bad games.

The SB and the game against the chefs last weekend.

BIG FAIL!

out.

Meh....he beat the queefs like a drum every other game he play against them a a donk.

Ya finally beat him when he was old and broken down.

Puckfiend

• Golden Fist
« Reply #2080 on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:04 PM »

Meh....he beat the queefs like a drum every other game he play against them a a donk and a Colt.

Ya finally beat him when he was old and broken down.

FYPFY
Of all the people I have ever interacted with, you guys are some of them.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2081 on: November 21, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »

I could have gone to the nursing home when Johnny Unitas was old and broken down and schooled his old ass around the goldfish pond and through the bingo hall.

les morpions

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2082 on: November 21, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »

Manning will pull a Brett Favray and ink a contract with some other team next year. He's got a few more records he needs to claim yet. Besides, he's not even 40 yet.
It’s very ironic, because Trump was very dependent on Hope Hicks and his whole presidency is about giving hicks hope.

Alfred91

• Golden Fist
  • Bob was a stupid name.
« Reply #2083 on: November 21, 2015, 04:38:55 PM »

PFM still has a contract with the Broncos next year, and considering what we're talking about, that's still going to have to be negotiated.

Of course, there is that physical that he has to pass.
I do important things. Like your mom.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2084 on: November 21, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »

PFM still has a contract with the Broncos next year, and considering what we're talking about, that's still going to have to be negotiated.

Of course, there is that physical that he has to pass.

I think Denver will let him go if he wants to keep playing next season.

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
« Reply #2085 on: November 22, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »

Plenty of QB-starved teams in the league that would pick him up, but I wonder if Manning is whore enough to play for Cleveland...
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2086 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:31 AM »

I don't know how Peyton can look in the mirror and think "I've still got it, I can keep doing this."

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
« Reply #2087 on: November 22, 2015, 10:42:40 AM »

I don't know how Peyton can look in the mirror and think "I've still got it, I can keep doing this."

A professional athlete has been telling himself that all his life. It's gotta be tough to know when to quit when "quit" is not even in your vocabulary.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2088 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »

A professional athlete has been telling himself that all his life. It's gotta be tough to know when to quit when "quit" is not even in your vocabulary.

It's just like when old people still have a sharp mind in their 80s, but their body betrays them.

I'm sure Peyton Manning's mind and competitive spirit and love of the game wants to play forever, but his body is betraying him.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2089 on: November 22, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »

I still can't believe he has no feeling in his fingertips since he's come back from the neck surgeries.

You almost have to be able to feel the ball to throw accurately.

They only way Manning did it was to train himself to throw again, taking so many repetitions that throwing that way seemed mechanically normal.

That's another reason his body is breaking down....you only have so many bullets in your gun. He not only has played every down on offense forever, he takes all the practice reps, throws daily in the offseason, wants to take all the reps in practices, takes his WRs to Duke to throw more, etc....

bendog

• Onanist-in-Chief
B
« Reply #2090 on: November 23, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »

I think he could probably still play at a high level if he was in a PFM offense.  But, what yesterday showed was that even with a banged up and marginally talented offensive line, the Kubes/Shanny offense can still tote the rock.  And, it's really hard to run out of the pistol, and the pistol isn't really suited to PFM's game, esp at this point of his career when he can't throw more then ten yards w/o stepping through the throw.  He throws with his lower body. 

But, he can't stay healthy throwing the ball 40 times a game, esp if defenses can pretty much ignore the run.  Elway said when he retired he could still play, but his body was betraying him.  Elway was all in for 4 years, but he was preaching the running game all along.  And, Den's rushing attack decreased in production each year PFM and Fox were together, and it seemed to me that Fox was pretty much just letting PFM tell McCoy/Gase what he wanted to do.  And you can't run out of the shotgun.

But Oz was sacked 5 times yesterday, and that will doom any QB over 16 games.
Where'd my penis go!!??

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
Re: B
« Reply #2091 on: November 23, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

But Oz was sacked 5 times yesterday, and that will doom any QB over 16 games.

I wonder how much of that is lack of pocket experience?

I think it's signficant that he didn't throw any interceptions.

After this weekend, I'm a believer in Oz! Let's Go!

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2092 on: November 23, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »

he sacked him self twice which is normal for a first start.  But the other three were from a terrible OL
you can't swallow what I'm thinking

Barry

« Reply #2093 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »

He needs to stop ordering cream and sugar with his coffee in the pocket.  Otherwise he has been a 500% improvement over Manning.

bendog

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2094 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »

he sacked him self twice which is normal for a first start.  But the other three were from a terrible OL

His feet are huge and hard to avoid.
Where'd my penis go!!??

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2095 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:47 AM »

that's what she said
you can't swallow what I'm thinking

Alfred91

• Golden Fist
  • Bob was a stupid name.
« Reply #2096 on: November 23, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »

that's what she said

Jessie Decker?
I do important things. Like your mom.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2097 on: November 23, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »

I don't understand why some Denver fans all of a sudden feel the need to bag on Peyton Manning.

It's like a jilted lover syndrome.

I'll root for Peyton Manning to play well if he goes somewhere else next season.

Some fans turn on players when they go to a different team and other fans feel the need to hang on every word the players say.

There are only a handful of players that I disliked when they were in Denver or have left Denver.

Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison, Kyle Orton, and Daryl Gardener are a handful of them.

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2098 on: November 23, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »

Peyton Manning is my second favorite QB ever.

Barry

« Reply #2099 on: November 23, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »

Plunkett is my favorite too.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 114