The South Stands

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you wish to register please email me at sobronco(the number thirty)-at-hotmail.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 114

Author Topic: Peyton Manning to the Broncos: UPDATE 3/19/12 - Peyton Manning a Donk  (Read 86443 times)

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
Re: Peyton Manning to the Broncos: UPDATE 3/19/12 - Peyton Manning a Donk
« Reply #2100 on: November 23, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »

I don't understand why some Denver fans all of a sudden feel the need to bag on Peyton Manning.

It's like a jilted lover syndrome.

I'll root for Peyton Manning to play well if he goes somewhere else next season.

Some fans turn on players when they go to a different team and other fans feel the need to hang on every word the players say.

There are only a handful of players that I disliked when they were in Denver or have left Denver.

Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison, Kyle Orton, and Daryl Gardener are a handful of them.

I think most casual sports fans are complete ass hats.  The diehards that are throwing Peyton under the bus were probably never big fans of Peyton in the first place
you can't swallow what I'm thinking

bendog

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2101 on: November 23, 2015, 12:04:12 PM »

PFM is perhaps the best class act to ever suit up.  I rooted for him to succeed in the Kubes/Shanny offense, but I don't see it working, and that has nothing to do with his injuries or the lack of oline talent.  I'd root for him if, God forbid, he wore a chef's uni ... but not against Den.  I wasn't overly thrilled that his team was the one the Saints beat in a SB.  But, I'm not whether Oz is Matt Schaub or Steve Young.
Where'd my penis go!!??

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2102 on: November 23, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

take Puck for example.....he can't decide who his favorite team is and the first sign of trouble he's throwing the black QB under da bus!

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2103 on: November 23, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »

Per Vic Lombardi, Peyton says what Florio said last night was nonsense.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • Master of Decadent Message Boarding
« Reply #2104 on: November 23, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »

I don't understand why some Denver fans all of a sudden feel the need to bag on Peyton Manning.

It's like a jilted lover syndrome.

I'll root for Peyton Manning to play well if he goes somewhere else next season.

Some fans turn on players when they go to a different team and other fans feel the need to hang on every word the players say.

There are only a handful of players that I disliked when they were in Denver or have left Denver.

Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison, Kyle Orton, and Daryl Gardener are a handful of them.

I think most casual sports fans are complete ass hats.  The diehards that are throwing Peyton under the bus were probably never big fans of Peyton in the first place

I agree....I don't mean to sound conceited or think I'm better than other fans, but I can't stand talking football with most other people. I used to try and correct people when I knew they were wrong, just to call them on their shit, but now I just pretend my wife is talking to me and nod my head in their general vicinity so they know I'm faintly listening/acknowledging that sounds are leaving their pie holes.

When I was younger in my 20s and early 30s, I was able to recite the college, name, age, and height and weight of about 80% of all the players in the NFL.

It got so geeky with me and my one of my buds, that we would each have a football magazine with all the rosters and would take turns trying to stump each other.

I'd flip people out when I could almost recite all of that information about their team.

I'd go over to another buds apartment and we'd get baked for hours and he'd pick out random football cards from his collection and ask me the college the player went to.

I'm surprised I found anytime at all to get laid.

I took it a little overboard. I'm actually a little OCD, which helps me to remember that kind of information. I had my own little nomenclatures and systems that would help me remember all of the information.
"Yes sir, I'd be famous, I'd be that monkey."

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2105 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »

I agree....I don't mean to sound conceited or think I'm better than other fans, but I can't stand talking football with most other people. I used to try and correct people when I knew they were wrong, just to call them on their shit, but now I just pretend my wife is talking to me and nod my head in their general vicinity so they know I'm faintly listening/acknowledging that sounds are leaving their pie holes.

word....

bendog

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2106 on: November 23, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »

take Puck for example.....he can't decide who his favorite team is and the first sign of trouble he's throwing the black QB under da bus!

What's wrong with throwing a black qb under the bus?
Where'd my penis go!!??

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2107 on: November 23, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »

What's wrong with throwing a black qb under the bus?

work with me donk!  casual fans are asshats!

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2108 on: November 23, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »

word....

It was the worst when Tim Tebow was our QB, as if I had my Denver hat on, strangers would stop me everywhere I went, asking about Tim Tebow.

bronco militia

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
  • This one's for Pat!
« Reply #2109 on: November 23, 2015, 01:40:11 PM »

oh yeah...when the Broncos signed Manning and traded away Tebow  it was like Elway lost another superbowl.

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
« Reply #2110 on: November 23, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »

It got so geeky with me and my one of my buds, that we would each have a football magazine with all the rosters and would take turns trying to stump each other.

So you each held your own magazine while trying to "stump" each other? Is that what you called it - "stumping"?

:doggystyle:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

westcliffe

• Onanist-in-Chief
    • Sangre De Cristo Panorama
« Reply #2111 on: November 23, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »

Yeah, Junkie.  You think it was bad for you.  You should have been in Colorado with the whole Tebow thing.  Both his coming and going were all that casual fans wanted to talk about.  And so many idiots could understand why Elway was getting rid of Tebow. It was ridiculous and maddening.
I put my phone in airplane mode and now it calls me Shirley.

Alfred91

• Golden Fist
  • Bob was a stupid name.
« Reply #2112 on: November 23, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »

He's the second best player to ever don a Broncos jersey, and frankly I think you could make an argument that one could base that solely on his performance here for his first 2 3/4 seasons. That 2013 season was the most impressive season I've ever seen out of any QB at any time. It was remarkable.

I've been thinking of the best Broncos QBs ever. Elway I'd obviously number one, and Manning is obviously number two. It gets muddied after that, with old guys playing on terrible teams and newer guys playing for better teams. Still - and I know I'm going to take crap for this - I'm going to put Jake the Snake at number three.
I do important things. Like your mom.

Alfred91

• Golden Fist
  • Bob was a stupid name.
« Reply #2113 on: November 23, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »

Yeah, Junkie.  You think it was bad for you.  You should have been in Colorado with the whole Tebow thing.  Both his coming and going were all that casual fans wanted to talk about.  And so many idiots could understand why Elway was getting rid of Tebow. It was ridiculous and maddening.

No doubt. I remember people literally trying to argue that Tebow was a better long-term idea than Manning. I do wonder how those dorks feel now. They probably don't even know Tebow's not in the league.

My cousin's husband, who is a really good guy but just not into sports, will bring up the Broncos at holidays and whatnot, and I just feel embarrassed for him. He tends to not know if a guy isn't with the team anymore or who might be with the Broncos now. He doesn't know a lot of the game's nomenclature, and sometimes I think he gets lost when we start talking too in depth.
I do important things. Like your mom.

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
« Reply #2114 on: November 23, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »

Most people talk about sports like they talk about the weather - it's just small talk. Most people don't know what they are talking about and experts are few and far in between.

I personally don't really try to talk too much sports other than NFL football as College changes every year and I haven't watched enough hockey to know what's going on right now.  I don't pay much attention to anything else. 

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2115 on: November 23, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »

I hated it, because Tebow drew in a whole new demographic of fan that normally didn't give a shit about football.

I wanted to look at them and tell them that I'm the 6th child of satan born in a river of blood and delivered by the 6th and last prophet of evil on the 6th day of darkness.

When I was a kid, I used say shit like that in my best demon voice when I'd spend the night at one of my buds whose parents were very religious. As soon as the lights went out, I'd start saying shit like that and he'd get pissed and tell me to stop. That was the worst thing he could have done, as I knew it scared him and did it all the time.

"Jamie, I am the spawn of satan. I'm human in flesh, but it's merely a disguise to let me blend in easily, but I've traversed a universe of evil that you can't fathom exists. Let me show you the power and evil that's lying in wait. Soon the blood ocean will wash ashore, cleansing the world of all that's good and enslaving the survivors for all eternity."

Walk into the dark forest, Jamie and you will see the unfathomable power evil can unleash."

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2116 on: November 23, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »

So you each held your own magazine while trying to "stump" each other? Is that what you called it - "stumping"?

:doggystyle:

Kinky.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2117 on: November 23, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »

He's the second best player to ever don a Broncos jersey, and frankly I think you could make an argument that one could base that solely on his performance here for his first 2 3/4 seasons. That 2013 season was the most impressive season I've ever seen out of any QB at any time. It was remarkable.

I've been thinking of the best Broncos QBs ever. Elway I'd obviously number one, and Manning is obviously number two. It gets muddied after that, with old guys playing on terrible teams and newer guys playing for better teams. Still - and I know I'm going to take crap for this - I'm going to put Jake the Snake at number three.

Yep....I remarked numerous times that season that Denver fans needed to soak it all in and enjoy what we were witnessing.

I know they didn't win the Super Bowl, but outside of 1997 and 1998, it was probably my favorite season to watch every week.

Plus, we got to see Denver beat San Diego and New England in the playoffs.

Friar Tang

• Onanist-in-Chief
  • Old Burnt Bastard
« Reply #2118 on: November 23, 2015, 02:16:24 PM »

I know they didn't win the Super Bowl, but outside of 1997 and 1998, it was probably my favorite season to watch every week.

Plus, we got to see Denver beat San Diego and New England in the playoffs.

Yes, that was a glorious season and I don't think we'll see another like it for a while. Certainly not that kind of record breaking.

South Stands Junkie

• Administrator
  • Most assuredly is the
« Reply #2119 on: November 23, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »

I wish I would have been old enough to comprehend and enjoy Denver's 1978-1979 season when Denver went to their first Super Bowl.

It sounds like the entire town was rabid about their Broncos and the Orange Crush defense.

That's also back before everyone from all over moved to Denver and the rest of Colorado.

bendog

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2120 on: November 23, 2015, 02:24:25 PM »

The Year of the Tebow was the funniest football season I ever saw.

The OC year was magical.  I remember one place I made deliveries to marked off every game on a calendar.  However, I don't think anyone believed that Den had a snowball's chance in hell against Dallas in Nawlins.  A lot of cocaine went south for that game. 
Where'd my penis go!!??

Alan

• Cornhole Warrior
« Reply #2121 on: November 23, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »

I wish I would have been old enough to comprehend and enjoy Denver's 1978-1979 season when Denver went to their first Super Bowl.

It sounds like the entire town was rabid about their Broncos and the Orange Crush defense.

That's also back before everyone from all over moved to Denver and the rest of Colorado.

I was old enough, I just didn't know shit about the NFL. No-one really did over here. But I would have liked to see that team play too.

I agree with you on Plummer btw; just a pity he had that crappy game against the squeelers, cos we could have won it all that year. (and that over-rated fat compiler arsehole Bettis would still be outside Canton looking in, as he should be)

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2122 on: November 23, 2015, 04:51:04 PM »

oh yeah...when the Broncos signed Manning and traded away Tebow  it was like Elway lost another superbowl.

I kind of wanted Tebow to stick around and see if he could learn something from Manning.

After all the blowup in the media and people who have no dog in the actual performance of the Denver broncos, I realized it was the best decision to move him.  You can't fight with the crazy.  Especially the religious crazy.

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2123 on: November 23, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »

I agree with you about Jake the Snake, but I never watched the Broncos before the 1985 season, so I wouldn't know the older guys.

Captain Dougus

• Onanist-in-Chief
« Reply #2124 on: November 23, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

No doubt. I remember people literally trying to argue that Tebow was a better long-term idea than Manning. I do wonder how those dorks feel now. They probably don't even know Tebow's not in the league.

My cousin's husband, who is a really good guy but just not into sports, will bring up the Broncos at holidays and whatnot, and I just feel embarrassed for him. He tends to not know if a guy isn't with the team anymore or who might be with the Broncos now. He doesn't know a lot of the game's nomenclature, and sometimes I think he gets lost when we start talking too in depth.
So, it's like talking football with the real Uncle Randy?  And Hater?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 114